January 7, 2010

No Longer a One Man Household

From the moment miss Hayley was born, Jonas became outnumbered. Me, her and the girl cat. We had a boy cat, but he was evicted from our household when he started spraying anything to do with our new baby girl. (We adopted him out to a very nice family, don't worry animal lovers!) After we moved to Washington, Jonas got me a puppy for Christmas. Penny, another girl. Shortly after that, we learned we were pregnant with our second child and again, a girl. Although, I wanted a girl all along, Hayley needed a sister.

When we were ready to have another baby, Jonas was pretty sure he was destined to be a daddy of girls. He loves his girls. Hayley and Ryan adore their Daddy. Most guesses for this baby were for either, but many leaned towards another girl. And this was it, we weren't having anymore regardless!

In the back of my mind, I thought it was a boy. I am not sure why, just a feeling. I was also stuck on two names for a boy, so maybe it was a sign. So, this afternoon we went for my ultrasound. Jonas and I were both really excited to know the sex. When the technician got to scanning that area of our baby, I knew (well was pretty sure) that I saw something on the screen that Hayley and Ryan did not have. And with 98% certainly, she told us it was a baby BOY!

Of course, we would have been thrilled if it was another girl. But this will be completely new for us, so it makes it a little more exciting! Now, it's to planning all things blue! Just need to buy a bunk bed for the girls and figure out how to masculinize Ryan's room. And I need to figure out what to do with the bins and bins of girls clothes I have accumulated over the years! Yeah for our little baby boy, we can't wait to meet you.








It's a boy!

2 comments:

Tessa said...

Can't wait to hear more and see more as things progress. He will be a much loved on little boy and I'm sure, overly protected by his big sisters. I think this may be a good thing for Ryan to stil be the "baby girl." Love you guys and the new one on the way! Congrats for a healthy little boy!!

Drea said...

I'm so so excited for you guys! I too can't wait to hear about how this pregnancy progresses and how it differs from your experiences with the girls. I agree with Tessa--this configuration may help with middle child issues. Now you'll have an oldest, a baby girl and a baby! It may be a little easier for Ryan being the youngest girl. =)

Post a Comment

Tell me what you thought!!!

 
Content © Lacy Richmeier. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Laura Jane Designs
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited.