April 9, 2010

When I'm a Grown-up





Starting a couple of months or so ago, marked the beginning of many, many sentences coming from Hayley's mouth beginning with the title of this blog entry. I don't know where it started, but it just did one day and hasn't stopped since. Most of the time it's funny; sometimes it's a little irritating, but I just have to remind myself she is five and making sense of her world and the things she can not do. So here are some examples of a finished sentence.


When I'm a grown-up:

  • I can touch all the glass bottles at the grocery store.
  • I don't have to listen to you.
  • I can put a timer on my kids to eat their dinner.
  • I can do whatever I want.
  • I will be the boss.
  • I can tell my kids what to do.
  • I can play outside after it gets dark, for a little while.
  • I will come visit you because I'm moving to Mississippi.
  • I can watch my shows whenever I want.

There are more, but that's all I can think of at the moment. If she only knew how easy she has it now and that being a grown-up isn't always all it's cracked up to be. Love you Hayley-bug.




2 comments:

Drea said...

That's too funny! I particularly like the one about touching all the glass bottles at the grocery store!

Jonas said...

One more:
* My car will be a red slug bug

Post a Comment

Tell me what you thought!!!

 
Content © Lacy Richmeier. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Laura Jane Designs
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited.