Starting a couple of months or so ago, marked the beginning of many, many sentences coming from Hayley's mouth beginning with the title of this blog entry. I don't know where it started, but it just did one day and hasn't stopped since. Most of the time it's funny; sometimes it's a little irritating, but I just have to remind myself she is five and making sense of her world and the things she can not do. So here are some examples of a finished sentence.
When I'm a grown-up:
- I can touch all the glass bottles at the grocery store.
- I don't have to listen to you.
- I can put a timer on my kids to eat their dinner.
- I can do whatever I want.
- I will be the boss.
- I can tell my kids what to do.
- I can play outside after it gets dark, for a little while.
- I will come visit you because I'm moving to Mississippi.
- I can watch my shows whenever I want.
There are more, but that's all I can think of at the moment. If she only knew how easy she has it now and that being a grown-up isn't always all it's cracked up to be. Love you Hayley-bug.