July 8, 2010

Mountain Get-a-Way



One day, Jonas asked me if I was interested in taking a mini-vacation with the kids and getting out of the house. I think he was getting bored of being a house husband and needed a break. Don't get me wrong, it was well deserved. Even before Jack was born, Jonas took on a lot of the house responsibilities since my pregnancy was so hard. He cooked, cleaned, did the laundry, took care of the girls and took care of me. And then, Jack arrived and Jonas was busy caring for the girls while I recovered from my c-section and took care of our newborn baby boy. He even accompanied Hayley on a school field trip two days after Jack arrived. Jonas is awesome. My Mom calls him a saint. Enough said. :)

So, since Jack was only three weeks old we decided not to venture too far. Leavenworth it was. We really enjoyed it there last year and the girls loved it too. It only takes a couple hours to drive there. We stayed at the same hotel, The Enzian Inn. The girls love their pools and they have an awesome breakfast. It's a great hotel, I highly recommend it!

We had a busy morning before we were even on our way. We had a couple stops in town and in Lynnwood. After listening to Hayley complain about it all, we were finally on our way there. It's a beautiful drive up the mountain, you drive along a river most of the way. We finally arrived to our hotel and got checked in and got to our pool side room. We hadn't even been there an hour and the girls were in their bathing suits ready to swim! Jack and I hung out in our room and napped.

Most of our trip was spent either in the pool (the girls and Jonas) or walking through the town of Leavenworth. Since I was still recovering from surgery, it was a little difficult to do as much as I would have liked. I also didn't get to enjoy any of the wineries since Jack is nursing too frequently for alcohol. Still, it was nice to be somewhere away from home. We didn't have to cook or clean, we just got to spend time together and have fun. We tried a new restaurant this time too, Gustav's. It was so good, just a burger, sandwich, brat place. And we ate at Visconti's again, Italian in a German town, oh well. It's so good too.

It was a short trip, but it was a lot of fun. It was nice to get away after the crazy stressfulness of my pregnancy and Jack's arrival. Even though Jack and I spent a lot of time resting, it was nice to see Jonas and the girls have so much fun in the pool or playing outside. I think they needed it. And I'm sure we'll be off to Leavenworth again and I will get to enjoy a nice glass of Riesling.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you thought!!!

 
Content © Lacy Richmeier. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Laura Jane Designs
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited.