September 10, 2010

Five Question Friday

1. Do you feel guilty spending money on yourself?


Yes, all the time.  Even when it's something I need, new jeans, new pair of shoes, etc...  I can't help it.  If it's something that everyone in the house can use, not so much.  If it is something for the kids or Jonas; I'm good, no guilt.  I love picking up little things for the kids or surprising my husband with a new game.  However, as soon as I swipe my debit card for something for me; my favorite hair products or a new shirt, bring on the guilt.  Sometimes getting my hair done is a big dilemma for me.  I love to get my hair done, but it's expensive and that money could always go somewhere else.   Uh, it's so unfair sometimes. 

2. How well do you know your neighbors?


That's hard.  We know our neighbors, but we don't really know all of them.  We live on a culdesac.  Two houses are rentals, so we don't really get to know those people.  We have a really great retired couple next door that are always helpful.  I always love it when they share whatever the Mrs.  has been baking.  I try to do the same.  I won't talk about the people on the other side, I'm really not sure about them lately.   We also have another family on our culdesac with a daughter the same age as Hayley, so Hayley is usually over there or the neighbor girl is over here.  They're pretty cool.  We probably have the most in common with them.  And there's another couple we're friendly with, they have an awesome lawn.  And then there's the annoying lady of the corner that has way too many garage sales.  Seriously, she just leaves her crap out on the driveway until the next weekend.  That's how frequent she has her sales.  But again, we're friendly with them all, but I wouldn't say we "know" them. 


3. What age are you looking forward to being?


I really enjoy where I am at my life right now.  I love having young children.  But I am also looking forward to the time where all my kids are in school.  So, fast forward another 6 years and I will be, gasp, 34.  I want to stay involved in their schooling and possibly in the community where I live.  I would love to be able to serve the city one day, in some capacity.  Not sure yet.  Maybe I will have a career then, I don't know. 


4. Do you get excited when the mail comes? Why?


Yep, I love me some snail mail.  I love certain catalogs.  (Currently drooling over the new Godiva one.)  I love getting my People magazine every Friday.  When it's holiday time, I love sorting through the mail looking for cards and such.  Tuesday are always exciting for me too, the weekly grocery store ads come in the mail.  And getting coupons in the mail is always exciting for me too.   

5. What is your earliest childhood memory?
 
I remember going outside to swing on my swing set everyday when I was younger.  My mom would be outside with me.  I did it before watching a TV show, I'm not sure I remember which one it was.  I do clearly remember one day going outside to swing and falling out of the swing onto my back.  I was fairly high and can still remember feeling the air getting knocked out of my lungs.  I cried, my mom was there and she took me inside to my favorite show.  I'm not sure why that sticks with me so much, probably because I remember my mom being there so quickly to comfort me and feeling better being in her arms.  
 



I got this blog topic from My Little Life.  It's a blog I just started following.  Check it out!


3 comments:

Maureen Makes It said...

Hi Lacy! I like your thought-provoking questions. You've got me thinking.
Nice to have you following my blog and I'm delighted to be following yours also.

Maureen
www.maureenmakesit.com

Christy said...

Thanks for riding the Tuesday Train with us today. Have a wonderful week!

Traci66 said...

Thank you for becoming a follower. I am happy to follow you too. I hope you will join me Thursday for Keepin' Company Thursday this to is a follow me hop.

Post a Comment

Tell me what you thought!!!

 
Content © Lacy Richmeier. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Laura Jane Designs
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited.