September 2, 2010

How Different They Are

Today I took the girls in for their yearly check-ups.  And wow, they both are on two different paths.  Ryan is small and petite, like me.  Hayley is tall and thin, like her Daddy.  In fact, I bought both the girls new clothes for the school year.  I bought Hayley's jeans super long so I won't have to buy new ones half way through the school year.  Thank goodness for adjustable waist jeans because I can't buy Hayley's jeans that fit her in the waist or she would look a little goofy.  Ryan, however, is still in a 2T.  She's a tiny girl.  At a birthday party for my friend's two year old twins, Ryan was about the same size as they were.  

Here are the two extremes for my girls:
  • Hayley - 49lbs  50th percentile - 48 inches tall  90th percentile
  • Ryan - 25lbs  25th percentile - 34.25 inches tall  10th percentile
It's kinda of weird to think that when Hayley grows another foot and a few inches she will be taller than me.  Hopefully that's a few years away.  My niece is 13 and has been taller than me for a couple years now.  And I'm taller than my sister.  Ha!  I also put Jack on the scale to see how much he had grown. He's almost 3 months now and is weighing in at 14 lbs 2 oz. And he's nearly grown out of his 0-3 month size clothing. Time to wash the next set of clothes for him!

Other than that, the girls are in great shape.  No concerns from me or their pediatrician.  And Jack is good too, just a bit of a rash.  Less than a week until school starts for Hayley and two weeks for Ryan!  I'm looking forward to getting back into a good routine.  And for my favorite time of the year, FALL!!     

2 comments:

Making Macready's said...

Oh my gosh, Jessa weighs the same as Ryan! Haha. Jessa has also been in 12mo clothing the last couple of months, she just turned 9 months.

Little sweet Ryan, aww! And tall, tall, Haley.

Lacy said...

Lol! Yeah, I am thinking in the next few months Jack is going to pass her up as fast as he is growing. I just washed all the 3-6 month stuff today, need to start stocking up on the next size now.

Post a Comment

Tell me what you thought!!!

 
Content © Lacy Richmeier. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Laura Jane Designs
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited.