October 1, 2010

Five Question Friday

Is it really the first day of October???  Wow, September seemed to go by so fast.  Halloween will be here before I know it.  It is Fall though, so bring on the changing colors, pumpkins and Holiday shopping!!  And now to the first 5QF for October!


1. Did you have a pen pal when you were little (or now)? Where were/are they from?

No, not a real pen pal.  My older sister lived with her Mom, so she and I would write each other back and forth.  I lived in Colorado and she lived in Mississippi.  I also wrote to a couple of my cousins.  I always wanted a pen pal though.  In school, every year, we would let a balloon go with our name and address attached to it, I guess no one ever found my balloon.  Or they were really lame and crushed my little girl dreams of hearing from someone far far away. 

2. If you could do a different job for one day, what would it be?

Hmmm.... that's hard.  Sometimes I want to be that business woman that wears a really nice suit and gets to boss people around.  Go to meetings.  Be feared and respected, but mostly feared.  Has my Starbucks delivered to my desk.  I don't know what I want to be in charge of, specifically, I just want to be in charge and wear a designer suit.  Maybe be an advertising executive.  I just want a corner office for one day and someone to take my calls. 

3. Do you remember your biggest fear from when you were little?

I didn't like spiders and I was always afraid of getting lost or kidnapped.  I wasn't a big fan of the dark.  I also did not like any movies with werewolves, thanks to my younger sister and her obsession with Silver Bullet.  She constantly watched that movie and I just could never watch any other movie with a werewolf without having a nightmare. 

One thing that really stands out is that I could never sleep in my room if the closet door was open.  I used to have nightmares about a witch that lived in there.  My laundry basket would turn into her cauldron and she would throw my family in there.  Uh, makes me shiver thinking about that nightmare.  So my closet always, ALWAYS, had to be closed before I could go to bed.  If I forgot and woke up during the night to find it ajar, I would be too petrified to go and close it.  I still, to this day, do not like my closet to be open at night.  And I make my husband sleep on that side of the bed.   

4. What do you think is a waste of time? Why?

Hmmm.... sometimes it seems like cleaning my house is because it always gets messed up.  I can't really think of anything profound of thought provoking.  Or even witty.  I know there are lots of things I believe are a waste of time, but I can't pin anything down at the moment.  Trying to change someone is a waste of time, people can only truly change for themselves. 

5. What is the oldest item you have in your closet?
 
Haha... I know I have some tops in there from high school that I can't part with for some unknown reason.  I have a t-shirt in there from a family reunion.  I believe I was 10 or so when we attended that.  I also have my baby quilt that my Dad's mother made for me when I was born.  So, that thing is as old as I am.   
 


This Five Question Friday is brought to you by: 





1 comment:

RN Mama said...

I love your answer to number 2!! All of that sounds wonderful...designer suit, starbucks delivered, and maybe even manicured nails!! I think I would to be some sort of fashion executive though:)

Post a Comment

Tell me what you thought!!!

 
Content © Lacy Richmeier. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Laura Jane Designs
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited.