October 24, 2010

Monday Minute

Time for another Monday Minute with Cristy!  Head on over to Is There a Doctor in the House? to link up.  I am excited for this week; my parents are coming to visit and soon it will be Halloween.  I love Halloween, it's so much fun.  We carved our pumpkins today and the kid's costumes should be arriving in the next couple days.  So.  Much.  Fun.



(1) Have you ever been hospitalized? (OK, maybe that one isn't so upbeat)

Yes, the first time when I was 16 and I had my gall bladder removed.  So much fun, let me tell you!  And again with the birth of each of my children.  I had an emergency c-section with Hayley and had repeats with Ryan and Jack.   

(2) What’s the last bit of good news you received?

Hmmm... well, just this last week I went to Hayley's parent-teacher conference.  I learned that my girl is a rock star!  Yes, I'm going to brag.  I know she's a great kid and an awesome student, but it's nice to hear it from someone else.  She's doing great in first grade and her teacher had a lot of good things to say about her.   Hayley is reading far beyond what's expected and doing just as well in other areas.  It was even recommended that we submit her for testing for the HiCap Program.  Yeah for Hayley!  Jonas and I are so proud of her. 

(3) Who was your favorite teacher?

That's tough, there were are a few.  One would be Mr. Leonard from high school, he was my AP English teacher my senior year.  I always enjoyed that class.  He was and still is an awesome teacher.  This year is his last year.  He's retiring after 25 years.  (Here's his blog.)And secondly would be another high school teacher, Mr. Marr.  I took his Psychology class.  He always spelt my name wrong on my hall pass, but I'm fairly sure he just did it on purpose to see my reaction.  I still send both of them Christmas cards every year.  Another is Dr. Rees from college, his history classes were alway so much more than dates, places and facts.  We learned about the effects of different events on so many levels.  His classes were always great. 

(4) Do you sing in the shower?

Sometimes, but not really.  Only when the moment strikes, but it's not a regular thing.
 
(5) Describe the happiest day of your life.

Hmmm... there are so many.  Getting engaged, getting married and having kids.  To be honest, having Jack was an extremely happy day for me.  The pregnancy was so hard, I was so sick and I was constantly worried about him.  After two normal routine pregnancies, a high risk one was hard to cope with at times.  That morning, when we was born, he was fine.  He was healthy.  He was perfect.  After going through weeks and weeks of agony over whether or not he would be okay, I felt euphoric and truly blessed.  It was a very happy day for me.   

And Cristy, I am a little inspired by your response, so here's another one.  Jonas and I had a long distance relationship.  It was hard, but we made sure to make us a priority.  My parents had moved me and my sister down South.  I'll be frank, I was miserable down there.  I missed my friends and I missed Jonas.  I counted the days until graduation and summer; when I knew I could move back to Colorado.  But then, one day, my Dad announced that we were moving back to Colorado.  I was so excited.  I didn't tell Jonas at first, because I thought it was too good to be true.  I finally caved and told him.  He was happy too.  It was awesome.  It was such a happy day because I knew I was finally going back home where I would be happy and be with Jonas.


2 comments:

Cristy said...

Congrats on your little one being so dang smart! : )

I'm glad you're no longer long distance too. It was just horrible not seeing him! As it is, I'm aching to see him at the end of a work day.

Mommy Lisa said...

I love all the happy days people are mentioning. I think it is funny we tend to think of the big ones, but I am content too to think of little days, like a Sunday spent relaxing and going out for a late lunch/early dinner.

mmmmm I love those days. ;)

Post a Comment

Tell me what you thought!!!

 
Content © Lacy Richmeier. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Laura Jane Designs
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited.