October 31, 2010

Monday Minute

Already November!?!!  Really?  How did that happen?  The good news is that my birthday is coming up and my husband's too.  And a shout out to my Mom since today is her birthday, Happy Birthday Mom!!  I love you!  Only 53 shopping days left until Christmas!  Scary.  Good things I have some of my shopping already done!  I also hope that everyone had a safe happy Halloween!  Can we say sugar high from digging through my kid's candy?!?  Now, time for Monday Minute!  Head on over to Is There a Doctor in the House? to link up.
   
What did you dress up as your first Halloween?

I was a witch, for a few years actually.  I think my aunt made the costume for me, I even have it somewhere.  It was really cute.  I've also been told I dragged my little bucket behind me because it was so full.  I must have been so cute.

What has been your favorite Halloween costume of all time?

Ok, so this isn't really a Halloween costume, but it was one of my favorite Halloweens ever.  I went Trick-or-Treating with my friends, we were in high school, so we were on the verge of being too old.  But we wanted to go.  We didn't have costumes, per-say, but we came up with what we thought was a brilliant idea.  I was wearing the regular teen fashion of the time.  My friend Jen was in an old 70's track suit she had found at Goodwill and my friend Holly has on these metallic pants with a matching shirt.  So, when adults found us three teens at the door and inquired about our "costumes," we told them that we were the "Past, Present and Future."  Get it?  We thought it was clever.  And, so did everyone else.  It was epic.  Ok, maybe not epic, but it was pretty awesome.  It was the last time I ever went Trick-or-Treating and I'm glad that it was so much fun.  So, that would have to be one of my favorites.  That and my little witch costume when I was a kid. 

Do you believe in ghosts?

Yes, I do.  Enough said, I have no doubts.  I may not believe every ghost story that I've ever heard, but after some off encounters and other weird tales, I very much believe that they exist.

What's your favorite holiday of the year?

Halloween is definitely one of my favorites.  It's the beginning of the holiday season, before people become all crazy and consumed with the madness of Christmas.  The costumes, the candy and the spooky TV.  So much fun!  That being said, I would say that Christmas is my favorite.  Especially now that I have children.  I love the traditions that we are making as a family.  I love my children's wishes and their belief in magic.  I love the awe they have in the season.  I love their excitement for all things Christmas.  I love the family part.  It's just such a fun wonderful time that reminds me of how blessed I am. 

What's your favorite fall dessert?

Pumpkin pie, is there really any other?  Oh and homemade whipped cream to top it!  Anything with pumpkin makes me happy.

1 comment:

Cristy said...

LOVE that idea for dressing up (past, present, future). That's SO cute!

Post a Comment

Tell me what you thought!!!

 
Content © Lacy Richmeier. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Laura Jane Designs
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited.