November 1, 2010

Blog Challenge - Day 1

So, I've decided to take part in a 30 day blog challenge.  Just for fun.  I came across it on another blog I follow, My Happily Ever After.  I'm hoping I can keep up, as much as I love to blog, I still don't do it every day.  We shall see.  Now, off to Day 1 - Introduction.


I'm Lacy.  I'm a wife and a mother.  I live in the rainy Northwest, I came here a little over four years ago from the snowy Colorado mountains where I spent the majority of my life.  I love my life up here, the only thing that is missing is the rest of my family and my friends.  We're finally beginning to settle here, make friends and lay down some real roots.  Moving here was hard, but making a new unfamiliar place a home was even harder.  Thankfully, it's getting easier.

I'm married to Jonas, he's my high school sweetheart.  We've been together nearly 12 years and married a little over 8.  We have three great kids; Hayley, Ryan and baby Jack.  Right now, I stay at home with my kids.  And I like it that way.  I get to be there for just about everything.  I'm also a co-op school Mom and a new member of the PTSA.  And then there's preschool.  All of that keeps me pretty busy.  That and my baby boy.

Photography is a passion, I'm just trying to fit more time in for it.  I yearn to learn more about it and strive to be better.  I refuse to be a mom with a fancy digital camera that calls herself a photographer.  I find that insulting to my friends that are truly professional photographers and make their living from it.  It's more than a hobby for me though and I like to think I am fairly decent.  I do shoot manual.  I do not over edit.  My 30D will not just be a glorified and point and shoot camera.  Again, I love photography.

I'm obsessed with coupons and finding the best deal.  A good portion of my time is spent clipping and printing coupons.  And also researching weekly ads or websites to find the best deals.  I'm very proud of my stocked pantry that I spent very little money in doing so.  My sister tells me that coupons are my crack.  And she's right.

Other than that, I'm just me.  I won't say I'm a simple girl, because that's far from the truth.  I'm sensitive at times and I can be feisty.  Don't mess with my kids or there will be hell to pay.  I love to read.  I like to knit.  I like to cook.  Drink wine and coffee.  Play with my kids and spend time with my husband.  My husband and my kids are my whole heart.  I'm thoughtful and I like to make other people happy.  I'm a good friend.  I have faith and pray daily.  I'm mostly liberal, but can be a bit conservative.  I'm spoiled and I like it that way.  I am thankful every day for what I have in my life.  That's me.       

1 comment:

☆♥MamaKo♥☆ said...

Hi Im your newest followe from FMBT. Would love to come back and read more updates. Goodluck on the challenge

Follow me back @ mixedthoughts.ne thanks

Post a Comment

Tell me what you thought!!!

 
Content © Lacy Richmeier. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Laura Jane Designs
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited.