November 16, 2010

Blog Challenge - Day 16 - My First Kiss

I'm not thrilled that this is today's subject.  When I think back to that day, I laugh.  I also want to cry.  It makes me a little sad.  It wasn't one of those cute first kiss moments from My Girl.  You know the scene...

See, that's all innocent and cute.  Something you would tell you kids about one day with a smile.  I don't even want to share my first kiss story with my girls.  I don't look forward to them asking me about it, at all.  I rue that day.  But I will share it here, because it's the blog challenge subject.  It's really not that big of a deal, but thinking back to that day makes me cringe a little. 

It was back in middle school, maybe early high school, I'm not quite sure.  I was never totally confident with myself in those days and usually followed my friends around.  Although I look back now and wouldn't call those girls friends.  I just remember trying to fit in and be liked.  Thankfully, it wasn't always that way for me.

Back to my story...

I was over at a friend's house with a couple friends of mine.  She invited a couple of boys over to hang out with us.  A bottle was brought out.  Soon, it was my turn.  The bottle was spun.  It landed on one of the boys.  I kissed him.  That was my first kiss.  It was quick, really meant nothing.  No fireworks.  Nothing.  The end. 

I guess I was one of those girls that always thought a first kiss was going to mean something.  That there would be fireworks, butterflies and what-not.  There wasn't, that time.  I just think back to that day and think:  HOW LAME!??!!  I can't believe I did that.  I was dumb.  And I laugh. 

Thankfully, I've found the person the gives me butterflies and lights up my sky. 

1 comment:

Abundance Yeah said...

Wow!
This is such a nice blog. I'm a new follower, following from a blog hop.
http://abundanceyeah.blogspot.com/2010/11/anatomy-of-leftover-turkey-dirty-word.html

Post a Comment

Tell me what you thought!!!

 
Content © Lacy Richmeier. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Laura Jane Designs
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited.