November 2, 2010

Blog Challenge - Day 2 - My Spouse


His name is Jonas and he's pretty cool.  Here's our story. 


There was a time back in high school when I had decided that I no longer wanted to date because, to put it nicely, boys are dumb.  I wanted to focus on school, hang out with my friends, go to college and live my life.  I wasn't going to be out there looking.  One night, my friend Kasey demanded that I go to Winter Homecoming with her.  I went, not happy about it.  And that's where I met a boy.  We danced, I called him a few days later and we had a date.  And a few more dates.  Soon, that was it, I had fallen.  I guess you always find what you need when you're not looking.  He was smart, handsome and funny.  He has beautiful eyes and a great smile.  He thought school was important just like I did.  In fact, he had a full ride scholarship to a local university.         


A few months after we met, my family moved away.  Jonas and I went long distance for a while, but we made it work.  We talked a few nights a week, chatted on the Internet and wrote letters.  One day, to my complete surprise, my Dad announced that we were moving back to Colorado.  So, Jonas and I were together again. 


That was nearly twelve years ago.  Our road hasn't been without it's bumps, but I couldn't imagine my life without him.  We've now been married a little over eight years.  Jonas is my best friend, the love of my life.  He's smart, one of the things that attracted me to him.  He loves video games and to program things on the computer. He loves to solve problems.  He's laid back, sometimes a little too much.  He can solve a Rubik's cube in seconds.  It amazes me how quickly he learns and how seamlessly things comes to him.  He can juggle, the girls think it's cool.  He takes care of me when I need him too and he loves me even when I don't love myself.  He spoils me.  He helps out around the house.  He cooks and empties the dishwasher for me in the morning before he leaves for work.  What's not to love? 


He's an awesome provider for our family and works very hard to allow me to stay home with our children.  He's a great father to our children.  Our girls adore him and our baby boy always has a smile for his daddy.  I love to listen to him and the girls when he's putting them to bed.  That's his time with them.  Sometimes it a quick game of hide-and-go-seek or a story being read in a lively fashion.  No matter what, there's always infectious giggling coming from upstairs.  It makes me smile.


Again, I couldn't imagine my life without Jonas.  We've worked hard for the life we've made together and continue to work hard to this day.  When we hit a bump, we work even harder and come out stronger.  Now that we're parents, we have to remember that we're still Jonas and Lacy.  We may not get our big nights out as often, but even a weekly trip to the coffee shop works for us.  Or a movie on the couch after the kids are in bed.     
 Jonas is my life.  He and our children are my whole heart, without him, they wouldn't be here.  He gave me the greatest gift, he made me mother.  We have a truly blessed life and he works hard to make it possible.  I am thankful every day to share my life with him.  Jonas, I love you.  Always and forever.     
     


4 comments:

The Survival Mama said...

Haha. Boys are dumb. Glad you found a good one!

Your blog is SO cute!
Excited to follow all your adventures now, swinging by from the blog hop.

The Survival Mama

Angela said...

Thanks for following Mommy Time Out

Let'sMakeADifference said...

Great post!! In high school I called boys 'mean and stupid'!!!!I'm blog hopping and found your blog. I'm a new follower. Would love for you to check out my blog and follow back!!

Mrs. No-No said...

Hi Lacy -
Love your challenge idea!! Very cool! :)
Thanks for visiting "Mrs. No-No Knows"! ...now following you back :) Hope you will stop back often and put in your two cents.
Carla aka Mrs. No-No
Mrs. No-No Knows

Post a Comment

Tell me what you thought!!!

 
Content © Lacy Richmeier. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Laura Jane Designs
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited.