November 5, 2010

Blog Challenge - Day 5 - My Definition of Love

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. - 1 Corinthians 13: 4-8


I love that verse, it was read at my wedding.  Yes, it's read at a lot of weddings, but for good reason.  Love is so many things, there is no simple definition.  Love is when my daughter Hayley comes up to snuggle for no good reason.  Love is when Ryan hugs me so tight and tells me that she loves me.  Love is when Jack lights up with his huge gummy grin when I go to fetch him from his crib.  Love is when Jonas always snuggles with me after I get up with Jack in the middle of the night. 


Love can make a bad day a little more pleasant.  Even when I'm having a bad day, my kids are always able to make me smile and feel loved.  That loves reminds me of the important things in my life. 


Love is unconditional.  That's something that's become very clear to me after being married and having my children.  There may be painful times, but love is always there.  There may be times when my kids are driving me absolutely crazy, but it doesn't change the way I feel about them.  I don't love them any less. 


I guess Corinthians really sums up love for me.  Everything I think about writing is just another way to further explain parts of that verse.  It's funny to be at such a loss of how I define love because it's said so perfectly above.  So, I'm going to stick with that and my ramblings above.  Yeah for love.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you thought!!!

 
Content © Lacy Richmeier. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Laura Jane Designs
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited.