November 5, 2010

Five Question Friday

Wow, this week went by way too quickly.  Friday means that my parents are going home in three days.  That makes me sad.  I don't get to see them often enough and I love having them around the kids.  It makes me happy to see them and my kids so happy together.  And it was my Dad's first time meeting Baby Jack.  Monday is going to be a hard day all around.  Anyways, on to 5QF!  Head on over to My Little Life to link up!

1. If you could have any talent and turn it into an occupation, what would it be?

Photography, for one.  I like to think I'm decent and I do get paid from time to time to take pictures.  I'm not a professional by any means, but hopefully one day, I can make that happen.  I love photography, I love my camera.  We shall see. 

My husband is always telling me I need to do more with my coupons.  I'm pretty good at finding deals and saving money with them.  I don't know if I would call it a talent though. 

2. Would you rather have a house at the beach or a cabin in the woods?

House on the beach by far.  There is really no way I could convince myself to live out in the middle of the woods.  I don't like camping and I have this fear of bears.  I've had entirely too many run-ins with bears throughout my life.  I think I was mauled by one is past life or something.  When I was a kid, I was home alone and a bear got on the roof of my house.  Then there was one at my bus stop.  And then there was one in my yard when we were camping out one night.  And another time there was one at our campsite.  So, yeah, no cabin in the woods for me, thank you very much. 

I love the beach, so that would be ideal.  My husband and I want to retire in San Diego with a condo on the beach.  I would love nothing more than to wake up to the sounds of waves crashing and being able to take long walks on the beach.  That's definitely the life for me. 

3. Is there any meaning or reasoning for the names you chose for your child/children?

My oldest is Hayley Jolie.  My husband picked that name before we ever got married, it was a name he liked and we both agreed on.  Her middle names means "pretty" in French.  My second, Ryan Patricia does have special meaning.  Ryan is my maiden name and Patricia is my MawMaw's name.  That's my Dad's mom, she passed away when I was a kid.  So, Ryan is named after my Dad's side of the family.  As for Baby Jack, before I got pregnant, Hayley kept telling me she wanted a little brother named Jack.  When we found out we were having a boy, it was just meant to be. 

4. What is your guilty pleasure? (I know we've done this one before, but I'm guessing people's "guilty pleasures" change frequently. At least, mine do!)

Godiva Chocolate.  Sometimes nothing makes me happier than sitting down after my kids have gone to bed and eating some of their wonderful truffles.  My girls may be young, but there know what's in that gold box.  If I pull it out where they can see it, you can bet their cuteness gets them some chocolate every now and then.  And then there's Starbucks.  My husband got me a Keurig and it's definitely cut down on my money spending there.  But then there are those days where nothing makes me happier than going to the drive-thru at Starbucks (or other local coffee shops) and paying for an over priced coffee and enjoying every sip.  Just thinking about a Toffee Mocha from Starbucks is making me drool.

5. Do you live in a house that is deep cleaned or straightened?

I try to do a deep clean once a week, I wouldn't even call it super deep.  I clean the kitchen thoroughly, do the floors, vacuum, clean the bathrooms, etc.  But to maintain that, I have to straighten up through the day.  And I have to sweep more often since my home is mainly hardwood.  I have a really bad habit of letting things pile up (like the mail and papers from school), so I try not to let that get too bad.  It really drives my husband crazy.  I like to keep my kitchen clean, that's usually my main focus.  I don't know why, but if the kitchen is clean, I'm happy.  I like to keep my house looking nice.   




5QF is brought to you by:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you thought!!!

 
Content © Lacy Richmeier. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Laura Jane Designs
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited.