November 12, 2010

Five Question Friday

Only one more day until my big night out with Jonas!  I'm still very curious to know what he is planning, but I can wait another day.  Today I get to have my hair cut and colored, my eye brows waxed and I get to buy some new shoes.  I'm getting excited!  For now, it's time for 5QF!  Head on over to My Little Life to link up!

1. What is the most physically painful thing that has ever happened to you?

I don't want to say labor, while it was horrendous and all, it's cliche.  No offense.  And I never made it to delivery because of a necessary emergency c-section.  Don't get me wrong, the 14 hours of labor I did go through was tough. 

A few years back, we discovered that conceiving was not an easy thing for us.  We were told that conceiving Hayley was luck.  To figure out exactly what was going on with me, I had to have a Hysterosalpingogram or HSG done.  And it hurt.  A lot.  In fact, it was much like labor pains.  If you ever want to feel one of your organs contract and cramp, again and again and again, try it.  I also had a similar experience when I was 16 with a hydroscan to test the function of my gallbladder.  Again, if you want to actually feel one of your organs contract, which hurts like hell, I recommend either of the above procedures. 

And once, when I was a kid, we were visiting family in Louisiana.  I sat down on some grass and mere minutes later I felt things biting me.  I leapt up and was covered with fire ants.  Hundreds of fire ants.  I had bites all the way up to my neck, they're quick little jerks.  When we finally got them all off, I was polka-dotted from head to toe with little red bite-marks.  The pain was horrible and the itching was even worse.  I took a bath in vinegar for a couple days to get the sting out.  So not only did it hurt and string like hell; I also smelled like a pickle. 

2. How much sleep do you get at night?

That all depends on Baby Jack.  The last few nights I have been blessed with a baby boy that is sleeping through the night.  He was only waking once during the night before that, so it wasn't too horrible.  He's been a good sleeper.  I try to get to before 11p.m.  That doesn't always happen.  Especially now since I've started playing Fable III.  If I do get at my ideal hour, I usually get to sleep until 7a.m. at the latest.  I would say I average somewhere between 5-8 hours a night.  It's not horrible.   

3. How long did you believe in Santa Claus? How did you find out that he does not exist?

I honestly don't know what exact age it was when I stopped.  I think I always knew, but I just didn't want to let it go.  I don't even know how I found out, it wasn't anything traumatizing.  I think I just figured it out on my own.  It was hard to let it go.  It's so magical and fun, I love being able to have that for my kids now. 

4. What was the last movie you saw in a theater?


That one!  Ryan has a thing for owls and really wanted to go see it.  It was good, a little dark, but good.  The effects were awesome.  I wish we had seen it in 3D. 

5. What do you wear to bed?

A tank top, nursing bra and pajama pants.  It's my favorite thing to wear to bed.  I have an abbundance of tank tops and pajama pants.  And I'm always looking for new ones. 




5QF is brought to you by:


1 comment:

VandyJ said...

Santa still comes to visit my hubby's family--you don't argue with the label that says Santa gave you the gift.

Post a Comment

Tell me what you thought!!!

 
Content © Lacy Richmeier. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Laura Jane Designs
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited.