November 23, 2010

Snow and Snow Days!

I've mentioned this before, but last year it only snowed once.  And I wouldn't call that snow, it was a dusting.  Either way, it made Hayley happy, that day.  It was her wish.  For the rest of the winter she asked again and again when it would snow again.  I always told her that I didn't know.  It never happened.  Soon, winter turned to Spring and she no longer asked for any snow.  Summer came and Hayley just wanted to go to the beach.

It will soon be Winter again.  Hayley has seen the mountains to the East blanketed with snow and has begun whispering of her snow wishes.  Surprisingly, she didn't have to wait very long.  The weather man has been talking about a snowy winter this year, blame La Nina.  Already, the weather man has forecast snow, before Thanksgiving.  Skiers and snowboarders are drooling with the thoughts of heavy snow pack in the mountains.

There was a little snow tease over the weekend, but the flakes began to fall heavily yesterday.  Hayley was thrilled.  She still had to go to school and it was nearly dark when she finally got home, but she still played in the snow.  Ryan and Jonas joined her too, but it was cold.  I brought Jack out to take a couple pictures since it was his first snow, but he wasn't happy about it.  I had cocoa waiting when they came back inside.  Hayley was already discussing her plans to play in the snow the next day, if she didn't have school.

Lucky girl got her wish granted again with a snow day.  Hayley and Ryan have played outside a couple times today.  It's not good snow for snowman building, but they've still had a lot of fun playing in it.  And drinking their required hot cocoa with marshmallows upon their return into the house.  There's talk of more snow coming tomorrow and Thanksgiving.  And tomorrow is another snow day for the kids here.  Maybe the new snow will be better for a snowman.  For me, I need to go to the store or I am going to run out of hot cocoa and marshmallows.       









6 comments:

Deb said...

Stopping by from Wandering Wednesday...had to check out your little owlies!!! I have a fondness for them, too!!!

Holly said...

Aww, what wonderful memories! Enjoy the snow, and hopefully the cuddly cold children that want to snuggle up to you when they come inside! I don't think I'll ever get used to not having snow. I grew up in Michigan but now I'm living in the south.

I'm your newest follower from Wandering Wednesday. I'd love it if you could stop by and do the same. I look forward to reading more of your posts!

Holly
www.hollyatnaptime.com

Beki Hilton said...

Hi! New follower from Wandering Wednesday! You can visit me at mymodernguide.blogspot.com

Beki

Melissa Sharon said...

We just got dumped on as well the last day or so - my kids love it! Does it take forever to get them ready to go outside at your house as well??? I am your newest follower from FMBT - hope you can visit me back at www.thejoyfuljungle.com Thanks!

jennykate77 said...

Cute blog!

I LOVE snow days! We've been having 70's and 60's here in Oklahoma, but it's expected to be a high of 39 on Thanksgiving...crazy weather!

Love the pics!

Stopping by from FMBT! Hope you're having a great week!

Tiffany Christie said...

No snow here in FL - Haven't seen snow since I was 4
Here from the bloghop.
I follow you on GFC. I'd love for you to follow me back
Tiffany
Tiffypoot @ (aol.com)

Post a Comment

Tell me what you thought!!!

 
Content © Lacy Richmeier. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Laura Jane Designs
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited.