November 27, 2010

Wish Granted

When I was a kid, I loved Disney animated movies.  In fact, I still do.  I was thrilled when Hayley started to share my love for these movies and Ryan soon loved them as well.  We have a huge collection of these movies on DVD and always jump to buy a new one when it's released.  My favorites are Sleeping Beauty, Aladdin and Lilo and Stitch.  Last year, when The Princess and the Frog was released I think I was more excited the my girls.  It was the first hand-drawn animated movie Disney has done in nearly 10 years.  The story was centered in New Orleans, a place very near and dear to my heart.

When it was released on DVD I bought it right away and we watched it when Hayley got home from school.  We also caught the sneak peaks and they showed one for a new movie for the Fall of 2010.  There was a particular one; all they showed was a hidden tower.  This is all there was:    


I knew it had to be a Rapunzel movie.  I was excited.  Rapunzel has always been my favorite fairy tale.  I just wanted to know when I could see it.  I searched the Internet and found a few clues.  It was coming out in the Fall, there was little else to be found at that time.

When I was a kid, I always hoped that Disney would make a Rapunzel movie.  It needed to be done.  It was a wonderful story.  Why not?  I wanted it to be made.  I always hoped that when we went to see a new Disney movie in the theatre that there would be a trailer for an upcoming Rapunzel movie.  It never happened though.  I grew up and forgot about this childhood wish of mine.  However, that day watching that still shot of the tower in the valley, for the mere seconds it was shown, without a title or any other hint, I knew.  My childhood wish was renewed, there would be a Disney Rapunzel movie.  I just had to wait.

My wait was finally over yesterday.  The girls and I had been anticipating the release of Tangled for sometime.  We watched the previews and counted down the days until we had planned to make our trip to the theatre.  I know I was more excited than the girls, this was the Disney movie I had always wanted.  The girls were totally excited too.  I already bought a Rapunzel doll, for the girls.


And it was awesome.  Tangled was wonderful.  The characters were fun.  I cried, a couple times.  The animation was great and the story was told well, keeping all the important Rapunzel elements in tact.  We went as a family to see it and we all loved it.  I even think Baby Jack was impressed.  I LOVED it.  And I will be buying it on DVD the day it is released.  I may go see it again.  It was everything I wished for in a Rapunzel movie as a kid and more.  Even though I had to wait until I was an adult for my favorite fairy tale to be made into a Disney movie, it was worth it.  I got to share my wish and it being granted with my fairy-tale-loving-girls.  And my boys too.

               

3 comments:

Drea said...

Me too! I always wished they would make a Rapunzel movie! It was even better than I could have imagined it as a child! I'm so glad you got to enjoy it with your family!

Holly said...

Hi Lacy,

Thanks for sharing... I'm also looking forward to seeing Tangled, but somehow I never manage to see movies in the theater anymore. :) I'm glad you liked it!!!! ANd yes, Disney movies are magical!!! I love The Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast!!

Holly
www.hollyatnaptime.com

Ruth said...

So that's what my four year old keeps talking about wanting to see. Wow, I must be really out of it! Thanks for the review--it sounds pretty good!

I'm just popping in from the Tuesday hop & am now following your cute blog. Would love a visit (& follow) back when you get a chance! Have a great day.

living well, spending less

Post a Comment

Tell me what you thought!!!

 
Content © Lacy Richmeier. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Laura Jane Designs
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited.