December 7, 2010

Baby Jack - 6 Months

I know this is totally cliche to say, but I can not believe that Jack is already 6 months old!!  It seems that is was just a little while ago I was preparing for my stay in the hospital.  He's here and he's a wonderful little guy.  I also know I've said this before, numerous times, but he really completes our family.  His sisters are so in love with him and he lights up whenever they come near him.  I've had to banish the girls from the dining room when I'm feeding him because they are too distracting for him.  It's a bit difficult to feed a baby when he's looking away from you. 

Since Jack's last well visit, things have changed.  He started solid foods a little over a month ago.  I was going to wait, until now, but he wasn't going for it.  It got to where Jack needed to nurse every 2 hours or so.  He would hardly nap.  I was tapped...literally.  So, we started with some rice cereal and he loved it.  We've sampled other foods since and he's not too picky.  He does not like squash, in fact, that's not an appropriate way to describe his disdain for squash.  After a couple bites, he gags, a lot.  It's a little dramatic.  I thought he was going to barf.  And then, if you present him with another bit, he pushes his little lips tightly together and turns away.  He refuses to smile or laugh for me if I have a bite of squash in my hand.  So, we've given up on squash.  Oh well.

Today was Jack's six month well visit and his pediatrician said he's doing great.  His weight gain has slowed a little, but it's not a big deal.  He's still much bigger than his sisters were at that age.  He had to get three shots, but he did surprisingly well.  He fussed a little when the nurse was sticking him, but then he just seemed to shake it off and smiled at the nurse.  She was even surprised since he had to have three shots.  He's a champ!  Yeah for Baby Jack!!  Here are his stats:
  • Weight: 16lbs 12oz - 35th percentile
  • Height: 26.5 inches - 50th percentile

    This is why the girls are banished from feeding times.

    Hayley and Jack.

    My happy little guy.

1 comment:

Kate said...

I love the picture of Hayley and Jack with the food all over his face. Thanks for sharing these pictures. They bring such a smile to my face :) It's a warm presence viewing your blog!

xoxo
Kate

Post a Comment

Tell me what you thought!!!

 
Content © Lacy Richmeier. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Laura Jane Designs
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited.