December 1, 2010

Blog Challenge - Day 30 - One Last Moment

It's finally that time, all the kids are in bed and the house is quiet.  I've cleansed my face, brushed my teeth and gotten into my pajamas.  I walk around my home gathering things that need to be put away.  I get things ready for tomorrow.  Everything is done or can wait until the next day.  Now, the moment is mine.  I can do whatever it is I want, hopefully without interruption.  I can watch whatever I want on television, dive into a book, lose myself on my laptop or get some Fable III time.  Or just go to bed.   

It's that moment at the end of my day that is finally just for me.  I can choose to do the thing I want or need to do.  I love my kids, love them.  They make me smile, laugh and be thankful everyday.  They also drive me crazy, push every button possible and remind me to thank the Lord for wine.  Even with that, I wouldn't have it any other way.

It's that little moment of calmness; it's quiet and I can reflect.  I can do something for me and not feel selfish about it.  It's a moment of knowing my day is done, life is generally good and my babies are safe, tucked in their beds sleeping.  During that moment, I know I am blessed and I am truly thankful. 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you thought!!!

 
Content © Lacy Richmeier. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Laura Jane Designs
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited.