December 1, 2010

December...Really?

One of the first things I did this morning was get the girls' advent calender and asked Ryan to find the number one.  And it hit me...it's December.  Already!?  Hayley even told me that I needed to change the page on the calender. 

That means there are only 23 days until Christmas.  And only 30 days until the new year.  My baby boy will be six months old in a few days.  I can hardly believe it.  Thankfully, I am nearly done Christmas shopping.  One of my last things is not available for a couple more weeks, but thankfully I can preorder it on Amazon and skip the retail madness.  It's maddening how close I am to being done, but still having to wait on those last few things.   

The presents are wrapped and under the tree and they're driving the girls crazy.  Ryan asked me many times today if she could open her presents.  She's nearly too cute to refuse.  Hayley just goes and searches for the ones baring her name.  I soon plan to go and pick out Baby Jack's first ornament this week, although he won't really care.  I do though.

This has been a crazy year, but I'm not quite ready to pen my blog reflecting this past year.  For now, I look forward to Christmas and watching my girls growing anticipation as it nears.  They've mailed letters to Santa already.  I love the magic of Christmas and seeing it through my children's eyes.  It's also Baby Jack's first Christmas, he won't be into it so much, but that's okay.  I just love seeing my five stocking hanging on the mantel.  Happy Holidays everyone! 
     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you thought!!!

 
Content © Lacy Richmeier. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Laura Jane Designs
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited.