December 10, 2010

Five Question Friday

Only one more day until the weekend!  Although I had hoped for a weekend without plans, my hopes have been dashed.  I'm to blame, but it's okay.  Saturday I am participating in a mock jury and getting paid for my time.  Yes, paid, in cash.  And they're feeding me too.  I couldn't resist, and it sounds interesting.  And then, that evening we are planning on attending a Christmas party.  (That party was supposed to be our only plan!)  And Sunday, there shall be no rest.  I have a photo shoot, hopefully the rain will give me enough of a break.  Cross your fingers for me, please.  But again, it's okay.  I'll have some extra cash in my pocket and that's nothing to complain about.   For now, it is time for 5QF.  Head on over to My Little Life to link up!

1. Do you open presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?

On Christmas Eve we each open one present, one in particular.  It's a tradition we started a few years ago.  For the kids, that present is brand new pajamas to wear for Christmas and a new book.  Jonas and I also get new pajamas, but no book.  It's a fun way to start getting the kids ready for bed and they love it.  We open everything else on Christmas morning.

2. What is your favorite Christmas cookie (or candy)?

I love frosted sugar cookies for Christmas or Molasses cookies.  Mmmmm....  I can't wait to bake and decorate some with the girls soon. 

3. What's the worst Christmas gift you've ever received?

Hmmm.... I hate to offend any body.  And at the same time, I don't think I've ever received anything that I've hated.  There are times I've received clothing I would never, EVER, wear.  Oh wait... now I remember a gift that my grandmother sent me.  It was this white sweater, it may have even been a sweater vest, it was trimmed with blue and had one of those little animal patches on it.  It was ugly.  I know she meant well, but really, it was ugly.  I never once wore it.  Ick...  And there was another thing she sent me one year... some of those isotonor gloves.  I made the mistake of wearing them to school one day and some kids made fun of me for wearing "old lady gloves."  Too bad those gloves were lost shortly after that incident.  Oh Granny!  (Thank goodness she doesn't have the Internet!)

4. Christmas song that you love?

Merry Christmas to You sung by Nat King Cole.  Listen here! 

5. How many trees do you put up?

Only one, unless you count my little feather tree that remains up all year.  It has an ornament set for every holiday.  I never realized, until recently, that people put up more than one tree.  We only ever put up one each year growing up and I didn't know anyone else that did otherwise.  In fact, upon learning this revelation, I was a bit shocked.  Why do you need more than one tree???  A neighbor of mine does this, she has one in her living room with all of her nice ornaments and one in the den for the kids.  I still don't get it, at all.  Why?  I love my tree, I love decorating it and adding new ornaments every year; but one tree is enough.  I find you poly-Christmas-tree people crazy.



5QF is brought to you by:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you thought!!!

 
Content © Lacy Richmeier. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Laura Jane Designs
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited.