December 31, 2010

Five Question Friday

So long 2010! 

Head on over to My Little Life to link up! 

Happy New Year!!

1. How long does your Christmas tree stay up?

It depends on how I feel.  Last year, it was up until mid-January.  The first year we moved to Washington, I took it down the day after it Christmas.  It was just a reminder of my family and missing all of them that year, so I took it all down.  Quickly and quietly. 

This year, I wasn't feeling it and it came down on Wednesday.  I had this overwhelming urge to reclaim my living room, so I did. 

2. Do you have plans for New Year's Eve?

We did, but then Ryan got strep.  And our friends that were hosting the get-together have a sick kid as well.  So, we stayed at home.  I went grocery shopping without all the kids, it was glorious.  And I have a little bottle of sparkly wine waiting for midnight!

3. Do you have any New Year's resolutions?

This last year hasn't been easy, so I just want a better year.  I don't have any expectations or resolutions.

4. How did you spend New Year's Eve when you were younger?

When my sister and I were younger my parents would drive us out to where we could see Pikes Peak because they set of fireworks at midnight every year.  That was always a lot of fun, it was special.   

5. What was the best way you've ever spent New Year's Eve?

Back in 1999, everyone was gearing up for 2000!  Was the world going to end???  People were crazy, I thought they all were.  Anyways, I was hired as a barista for a big New Year's party in town.  It was so much fun.  I witnessed a bunch of people in our town completely wasted and crazy.  (City council people and similar types.)  It was awesome.  Thank goodness camera phones weren't around then.



5QF is brought to you by:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you thought!!!

 
Content © Lacy Richmeier. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Laura Jane Designs
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited.