December 27, 2010

How...

Today I got an email that immediately brought me to tears.  One of Hayley's school mates lost his mother unexpectedly two days before Christmas.  I am having a hard time wrapping my head about it.  I spoke with her at the last parent meeting and asked inquired about her health.  She had a rough go of it last year during kindergarten, but she seemed to be on the mend.

She was always so nice and willing to give a hand.  During my pregnancy last year she offered many times to to help me out or to have Hayley over for a play date so I could rest. She was not having the easiest of times that year health wise, but she always asked about me and the baby.  She offered help many times and she listened too.  I always, always appreciated her kindness.      

My heart breaks for her two boys.  Her oldest is Hayley's age and her youngest is Ryan's age.  My heart breaks for her husband.  My heart just breaks for her family.

Right now, I am trying to figure out the best way to explain this to Hayley.  I don't want her to hear about it when she goes back to school next week from other children.  I want her to have some grasp of this.  She isn't the the same class as her school mate this year, but they do play together during recess.  I just want her to know that her friend is going to be sad for a while and to just be his friend.  Be kind and caring.  I just don't know how to tell her.

     

3 comments:

Alliejean said...

That is so sad! And it seems like these things always happen during the holidays :(
Following you from FMBT. I would love it if you would follow me back at http://reinventedmama.blogspot.com/

Laurie Harrison said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. There is no easy way to tell your kids. But I believe once you do, they find compassion in their own young ways. They can be the best comfort to the boys that lost their mom. If nothing else, kids can take their mind off the loss if only for a little while. So, so very sorry.
I'm here on a hop.
Laurie from Grandma Sez So

Julia & Cori said...

Im so sorry to hear that :( It breaks my heart! My thoughts and prayers are with her family!!

We're your newest followers!

Post a Comment

Tell me what you thought!!!

 
Content © Lacy Richmeier. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Laura Jane Designs
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited.