December 7, 2010

Tea with Santa

It's Christmas time and that means it's also Santa time.  My girls are believers and they love Santa.  I love being able to share that with them, I absolutely love the magic of Christmas.  It's such a wonderful time of year.  I love the anticipation, the sharing, the giving, the cookies, the reason; all of it!  Like most families, we take our children to see Santa.

If you've read my blog long, you've learned that I like to save money whenever I can.  Santa photos are not cheap, especially if you want a digital copy.  And those free Santa photos, uh no.  I'd rather go Black Friday shopping.  The lines are insane.  People get cranky, myself included.  Thankfully, I've found a happy medium. 

The local tea room in my town, Attic Secrets, hosts an annual Tea with Santa.  We get to have lunch with the kids, Santa stops by to say hello and the kids get to visit with Santa too.  And have their picture taken.  I can even take my own pictures!  It's a lot of fun and it's become our new tradition.  It costs about the same as getting photos taken with Santa at the mall, but we also get to have a great lunch and spend a little more time with Santa without being shoved through an assembly line.       

We had a wonderful time at Tea with Santa.  Attic Secrets also has a toy drive and the girls were happy to donate some toys.  I'm not sure if they understand the charity concept entirely yet, but we're working on it.  (I am really trying to drive that Christmas is more than just the presents.)  The girls were so excited to see Santa and share their wishes with him.  Hayley excitedly told Santa she would like a guitar and a Pillow Pet.  Ryan decided to be shy, but quietly told Santa she would also like a Pillow Pet and some Petshops.  And Baby Jack just stared at Santa, at least he didn't cry!

I'm so glad that we've decided to make Tea with Santa one of our Christmas traditions.  This was our second year and it was more than worth it.  There was no rush and we had a wonderful meal together.  The girls were so excited for the whole thing, it was really special.  Thank you Attic Secrets for Tea with Santa and everything else!

Waiting...

Always sleeping during a first.








1 comment:

Catalina said...

Hi, I like your blog, and hope to see you on mine. I'm your newest followers now. :)
http://the-w-s.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

Tell me what you thought!!!

 
Content © Lacy Richmeier. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Laura Jane Designs
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited.