January 7, 2011

Five Question Friday

It's my first 5QF of 2011! 

Jack is also 7 months old today! 

This year has gotten off to a bit of a rocky start, but I won't let that blemish my hopes for the rest of this year.  For now, onto 5QF!  Head on over to My Little Life to link up! 

1. What is your current favorite book, and why?

I am really into the Song of Fire and Ice series by George R. R. Martin.  I've read the first two, A Game of Thrones and A Clash of Kings and they're both awesome.  And now I'm finally using my new Kindle to read the third one, A Storm of Swords.  So far, it's great.  I've never read fantasy novels before, but my husband bought it for me and insisted that I would love it.  He was right, they're awesome.  And... HBO is turning it into a series!!  It starts in April!  I can't wait.
 
2. Do you go to the dentist regularly?

Yes, I do.  And that's a lot for me, because I am not a big fan of the dentist.  I prefer to use nitrous, I will even pay extra for it.  I become incredibly anxious at the dentist.  I am not even sure why.  I've only had 3 cavities in my life and my wisdom teeth out, so I've had it fairly easy when it comes to the dentist.

Thankfully, I've found a dentist that I like, so it's not as bad.

3. What is your worst memory from High School?

The first thing that popped into my head was the death of a friend of mine.  She was killed in a car accident.  It was the first time that something like that had happened to me and most of the people I knew. 

I lost my grandfather when I was a kid, but this was different.  It was very real.  Life and death became very real to me during that time.  It was very sad.  She also happened to be a twin, I was friends with her sister as well.  I still count her as one of my friends today.  It was a sad time at our school.   

4. What do you hope to be remembered for in your life?

I don't plan on being famous or anything.  I would really rather not be.  I want to be remembered for the things that I find important in my life.  My family; my husband and my kids.  And my friends and family.

I want to be remembered for being a good person, a good mother, wife and friend.  For being kind and thoughtful.  For being there for people.  Always doing my best. 

5. Are you superstitious or do you have any superstitions?

I don't do laundry on New Year's Day.  It's my mom's rule.  I've heard it somewhere before too.  (Look here, scroll down a bit, the reference is in the work section.)  When my grandfather passed away, it was right after Christmas.  It was January 3rd and my mom had done laundry on New Year's Day.  Even though she knows that had nothing to do with it, she still associates those two things.  I'd rather not tempt fate. 



5QF is brought to you by:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you thought!!!

 
Content © Lacy Richmeier. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Laura Jane Designs
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited.