January 2, 2011

Monday Minute

It's the first Monday Minute of 2011.  And here's to the New Year!  I haven't made any resolutions.  I'm just looking forward to all the things to come. 

Head on over to Is There a Doctor in the House to link up!



(1) If you could go on a road trip with any person (dead or alive) who would you go with and where would you go to?

Ah, road trips.  They're so different now with kids.  Fun.  And crazy.  (Pull my hair out crazy.)

I would want to go on a road trip with my husband, sans my kiddos.  I would want to go to a beach somewhere.  I love, LOVE, talking long walks on the beach.  It would be nice to just spend sometime together, somewhere that we both enjoy.  I'd miss my kiddos, but it would be great to have some along time with Jonas.  That's so hard to come by these days.


(2) If you knew you had 24 hours left to live, name three things you would do in the time you had left.

Sky Dive, call my family and just spend time in bed snuggling with my husband and kids.

(3) When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?

There was a time I wanted to sell cars, like my Dad.  He was a manager at a Nissan dealership. 

I also wanted to be a lawyer for a little while, sometimes I still do. 

And I also wanted to be a journalist/author.  I wrote my own little murder mystery when I was in 3rd grade, me and a friend of mine.  We would sit under the slide during recess and work on our novel.  The Night of the Murder, lol. 

(4) Out of the last five years of your life, which was the worst and why?

This last year has been both good and hard.  Jack came, but bringing Jack into this world was difficult.  Jack's birth definitely stands out more than anything, but it's also shadowed by everything I went through during the pregnancy.  I have a hard time reconciling all of that sometimes.  It wasn't the worst year, because I would do it all again.  But it wasn't easy. 

And then there's 2006, we moved away from Colorado to Washington.  That was hard.  Very hard.  We moved away from everything we had really ever known.  Our family and friends.  All things familiar.  That was a difficult time.  When we moved away, we were really on our own.  We moved away from our entire support system.   

(5) Out of the last five years of your life, which was the best and why?

2009 was a good year, we learned we were pregnancy with baby #3.  I felt that we were finally beginning to get settled here in Washington and put down some roots.  Jonas and I were able to take a little more time for ourselves.  2007 was also great, we learned we were expecting Ryan.  After trying to conceive for over a year, it was welcome news.  I was so excited for Hayley to have a sibling, it was so much fun getting her ready for all of that. 

1 comment:

Cristy said...

Great answers on your worst/ best years. It's tough to say it's a bad year if a beautiful baby is born right? I'm sorry to hear you had a tough pregnancy! They are so difficult.

Post a Comment

Tell me what you thought!!!

 
Content © Lacy Richmeier. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Laura Jane Designs
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited.