January 20, 2011

Really...

On the radio today the DJ was talking about a lady who was caught on a mall security camera falling into a fountain while texting.  The video was posted on YouTube.  It became viral.  People probably laughed while watching it.  I did. 

You would have thought that would have been the end of it.  But...no...

The woman in the video came forward and cried foul.  She's been humiliated.  She's angry.  She angry that no one came to her aid.  And now...she is going to sue.

I have an issue with this.  I do agree with her on one point, the mall security people should have helped her.  They are at fault, but I leave it at that. 

But...I really don't think this is anything she needs to take legal action over.  There are millions of videos on YouTube of people doing stupid, silly, funny things; things they would be embarrassed over.  Remember the wisdom tooth unicorn singing girl?  Yeah, she was a little embarrassed, but she laughed at herself.  She was even on Ellen.  She didn't sue her sister for posting the video to YouTube. 

I'm sorry she's been laughed at, I'm sorry I laughed.  Again, why did she even come forward?  There was no way to identify her from the video.  A lawsuit is a bit much.  She needs to realize that she was negligent herself. 

I can't even wrap my head around all of this.  Soon, there would have been another video capturing people's attention and her fall into the fountain would have been buried among the other forgotten viral videos.  If she had to have come forward, then she could have just admitted she did something dumb and bring light to the mall's security lack of tact.  Laugh about it and move on.  She could have been on Ellen...Ellen would have made her laugh about it.

But no.  She has a lawyer.  A lawsuit is imminent.  You may not agree with me, but I have a hard time sympathizing with her.  Now, she is going to be known as the women that fell into the fountain while texting and sued the mall.   


1 comment:

Norwegian Phoenix said...

I hadn't seen the video until now, that's kind of funny. What's ridiculous though, is her suing. I hope she loses, but something tells me she won't.

I agree with you, laugh about it then move on(and buy a new phone).

Post a Comment

Tell me what you thought!!!

 
Content © Lacy Richmeier. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Laura Jane Designs
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited.