There has been a lot of sickness since my last post. Yes, Baby Jack had croup. My poor little guy was so miserable. Thankfully, Ryan just had a cold and it didn't last very long. And Hayley remained healthy!
A couple days after my last post, I started to feel a tingle in my throat. Oh no...
I laid the blame with my children.
Over the weekend, it progressively worsened. And Monday, I don't even know how I got through Monday. The only things I focused on were the kids and resting as much as possible. There's not much I can take since I am still nursing, but I did enjoy lots of vitamin water and cold-busting smoothies. And some Chinese food, I always crave Chinese food when I am sick.
Then I saw the light, I was feeling better. It was short lived. My entire face and head began to ache. And my body. Seriously? I made an appointment with my doctor. After spending more time than necessary looking in one of my ears, he asked if it hurt. I explained that my entire head was hurting, ears included.
Lucky me....my doctor told me I had a sinus infection and a double ear infection. Lovely. And since I'm allergic to the antibiotics he wanted to put me on or the others were not compatible with nursing, he found something that would work. I can't recall what it's name is, but it is horrible. It dissolves the instant it hits your mouth. I no longer make the mistake of taking it with water because then I have to taste it for an hour or so afterwards. It's gross, but it seems to be working.
The achenes is gone. The throbbing in my head in gone. Just a little bit of pressure remains in my head.
As for my husband, he's good. I consider him very lucky not to have gotten this. Myself too. We all know how our husbands get when they're sick.