March 14, 2011

Hot CT

Today's CT was weird.  All I knew is that I was not to eat or drink at least four hours before and to be there.  I complied.  A friend of mine accompanied me to my scan to watch Ryan and Jack in the waiting room.  Thank you Jessica!  When we checked in upon arrival, I discovered I was getting a CT with contrast done.  Oh!  

Soon enough, it was my turn.  The technician/nurse explained that they use an iodine contrast through an IV.  And that when it is administered to expect an intense warm feeling throughout my body.  Okay, I can handle that.  I think.  She placed the IV and got me situated for my CT.  They did one scan without the contrast first and she then indicated she was about to start the contrast.  And...

Wow!  Boy was a I warm!  Not just warm....HOT.  Everywhere, I mean everywhere.  I could feel it down to my toes, in my throat, my hands.  I thought she was kidding when she said I might feel like I wet my pants.  Oh my, so...so warm.  It was a little intense and weird.  It was the weirdest 20-30 seconds ever.  

And then it was over.  Just like that.     

Right now I am waiting to hear back from my neurologist for my CT results.  Ah...waiting....

I'm doing well, just waiting.  Ryan has been keeping herself busy with Play-doh.  In fact, I don't think she's moved herself from the table for a couple hours.  She says that she's working.  Thank you, Play-doh.  And Baby Jack should be napping, but he has yet to give in to his sleepiness. 

And I wait...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you thought!!!

 
Content © Lacy Richmeier. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Laura Jane Designs
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited.