April 18, 2011

Had to Laugh

Yesterday, I went grocery shopping and I made every attempt to not buy a bunch of crap and junk food. I bought snacks just for me.  I didn't buy the girls cookies, but I did buy ingredients to makes cookies.  That way, there will be cookies when I want them, when I want to indulge.  I bought a lot of veggies and fruit.  I bought some good stuff!

I was very happy with my grocery trip, well except one thing.  At the check out, I was unloading my groceries onto the belt and when I went to grab the syrup... it was sugar free.  Can we get an ick?  And I had already invested enough time waiting in line at the check out, the syrup was going to have to wait.  Hopefully the girls won't be requesting waffles before I make it back to the store. 

Okay, so besides the mishap with the syrup, everything was good.  I was looking forward to cooking this week and maintaining a healthy and balanced meal plan.  And we joined The Y!  I'm so excited and nervous about getting into a good workout routine.  Things were in place...until...the big brown truck pulled up.  I was expecting the UPS man with my Scentsy Starter Kit.  I was not expecting another package. 

Hmmm...after thanking the UPS man I looked over the extra parcel.  And saw that it was from FigisGrandma!  And yes, it was from Grandma.  Easter baskets for the kids and a little something for Jonas and myself.  I had to laugh.  Because, of course, it was loaded with candies, cheeses, meats, etc.  Again, I just laughed. 

However, I was not defeated by all this yumminess before me.  I waited until after dinner to have a few pieces of candy and I put the rest of it away.  I also made the girls wait until after dinner to dig into their baskets.  They had to finish their chicken nuggets and broccoli before selecting a piece of candy from their baskets.  And they did, they finished every last bite.   

Again, thanks Grandma for the thinking about us on Easter.  We love and miss you.

3 comments:

wacki04@TheKing'sCourt IV said...

New follower from FMBT! Hope you can stop by and follow back :)
Cristi
http://thekingscourt4.blogspot.com/

Valerie @ My-2-cents said...

I am a new GFC follower. Please visit my blog at http://my-2-cents.blogspot.com/ and follow back.
Thank you. Have a blessed week!

Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

How exciting to get an unexpected gift!!

Thanks for joining the Tuesday Train!! Hope to see you back again soon!

Post a Comment

Tell me what you thought!!!

 
Content © Lacy Richmeier. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Laura Jane Designs
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited.