April 22, 2011

Run Down at Walmart...Nearly

I don't know what it is about holiday weekends that makes people so cranky.  And mean.  It's not any one's fault but their own that they waited until the last minute to shop.  Today, I had to run to Walmart to get a couple things for a Scentsy party I was having at my home.  I parked and was on my way into the store.  I looked before stepping into the crosswalk, there was a car a ways down, but surely they would stop.  It's a crosswalk, it's the rule.  And it's a parking lot, there are people everywhere.  But no, this lady sped up actually, starring me down the entire time.  She saw me, I saw her.  I continued on my path to the door because I'm stubborn and was on a mission.  Yet still, she continued at her too-fast-for-a-parking-lot-rate-of-speed, still starring me down.  And just when you think she would stop, she swerved around me and only slowed down to look at me as she passed.

And me...

I was baffled and pissed.  I yelled a few choice words at her and then continued on into the store.  I walked around for a little bit still confused about this lady's rudeness and a bit angry too.

Here's the thing.  It's a parking a lot for one.  Second, I'm a pedestrian.  I'm not jay-walking or doing anything dangerous.  I am walking to the entrance of a store where it's clearly marked with a stop sign.  What is so wrong with this lady that she can't be bothered to stop?  Is it really hard enough to take the seconds it takes to actually...STOP.  Especially where there are bound to be people going into and leaving the store.  Seriously, what is wrong with people?!!

I just don't know.  I don't get people like that. Maybe she didn't do her Easter shopping.  I don't know, but I really don't care what her reason.  She should have stopped.  Clearly, she's a jerk.  And as I've stated before, I'm a big believer in karma.  What goes around, comes around. 

3 comments:

Tamera said...

What a jerk, indeed! (Okay, this is a sign from god that you shouldn't be going to that evil place.) I hope they have video cameras in their parking lot - most WalMarts do - so if you want to make a complaint to the police you can probably back it up with actual footage.

Don't let the a-holes get to you! Yes, what goes around comes around sweetie.

Crystal Jigsaw said...

I think some people take on a different personality when they are out in public. They like to think they have authority over everyone else; perhaps she's been arguing with her partner, kids or friends. She sounds like the type who would!

Enjoy your Easter weekend, CJ xx

Drea said...

Yeesh! That is scary! I was at Target yesterday (yes, I was one of those stupid people who left my shopping until the last minute--but in my defense this was the only time I could get to a store without the girls in tow) and it was a madhouse! People were so crabby and rude!

Post a Comment

Tell me what you thought!!!

 
Content © Lacy Richmeier. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Laura Jane Designs
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited.