May 15, 2011

Imagination

There's this show on Nick Jr. that I really can't stand.  BUT, the girls LOVE it.  It's just so unfair.  I can handle Yo Gabba Gabba or The Wonder Pets.  However, this show, no.  It grates my nerves.  And what show is this, you ask...

Dino Dan.

I don't know what it is and I just don't know what it's appeal.  The girls love to watch it.  I'm convinced that Dan is a paranoid schizophrenic and those around him are just enabling him.  He's the only one that can see the dinosaurs.  He's obsessed with the dinosaurs.  His days revolve around the imaginary dinosaurs.  And again, no one else sees these dinosaurs. 

So, a few days ago, I decided to have a conversation with Hayley about Dino Dan.  She tells me that she loves it and gets to learn about dinosaurs.  Okay, so that's good.  I guess.  I told her that I was under the impression that Dan possibly had some kind of mental disorder.  She just told me that he was using his imagination.  I pointed out that Dan was the only one that saw the dinosaurs and that I was fairly certain that Dan was suffering from schizophrenia.  And Hayley, not a fan of my disdain for Dan said:

"Mommy!  He just has a POWERFUL IMAGINATION!!!"

I just had to laugh.  Give up.  And I left the girls to continue watching Dino Dan.  Alas.

Dino Dan - 1
Lacy - 0

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you thought!!!

 
Content © Lacy Richmeier. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Laura Jane Designs
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited.