June 25, 2011

Garage Sale Saga: Part 2

After my last post my neighbors and I decided that dealing with "J" personally was not longer going to work.  She made that loud and clear when she plastered the city's municipal code on my neighbors' cars during a rain storm.  We had just hoped that she had at least read them first.  The only thing left to do was to go to the city for help. 

I sent an email to the code enforcement officer and left him a message.  As did a couple of my other neighbors.  I received a message saying that he was going to look into the matter.  At that point, my neighbors and I weren't sure what to think.  Would "J" have another garage sale?  Would it get uglier?  Would she do the right thing?

I became a little worried when I drove by this morning and saw the garage opened and what looked to be preparations being done for another sale.  My heart pounded a little...would she really do this?  The truck was out there, signs were laid out and the forecast for tomorrow called for sun.  Oh no!

But...

Imagine my complete and utter shock when I came home today and found that she had her drive-way junk packed up.  The big ugly trailer was still in her yard but hitched to a truck.  And the van that was once parked in the yard, was now in the driveway.  I think we all breathed a collective sigh of relief at that sight. 

Even though we are now waiting for the big ugly trailer and van to make a permanent departure...

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you thought!!!

 
Content © Lacy Richmeier. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Laura Jane Designs
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited.