June 7, 2011

One Year Ago

One year ago, I was holding my brand new baby boy.  He was an hour old and I was in awe of him.  After everything I went through during his pregnancy, it was all forgotten.  He was there and he was perfect.  My little guy with a head full of dark hair.  He looked like his sisters.  After the ups and downs of my pregnancy and the uncertainty of knowing if we'd ever make it to term; the smoothness of the events that morning before my c-section was a welcome and calming change. 

And now, that little baby boy is a year old.  He's walking, talking a little bit and has a few teeth.  He still has a head full of dark hair, that needs to be cut...again.  Huge brown eyes and long eyes lashes that make me jealous.  While he adores his big sisters most of the time, he lets them know when he is annoyed. 

He's a daddy's boy.  Although his first word was "Mama."  As soon as Jonas walks through the door in the evening, Jack cries until his Daddy comes for him.  Not too long ago, Jack was playing in the playpen and Jonas walked over to the neighbors.  I tried not to laugh as Jack watched his Daddy through the window and screamed for him.  He was not a happy boy. 
I've been dreading this day for a little while now.  I knew it was coming.  I have a hard time not crying when I look at him today.  He's my last baby and this last year went by so quickly.  But, I also love watching him grow and wonder how he will be another year from now.  It's hard.  It's bittersweet.  It's life. 

One year ago...
Today...
 Happy Birthday Baby Jack.  Mommy loves you so.


1 comment:

Drea said...

It's gone by SO fast! It really does seem like it was just last week that I was following your pregnancy and now here he is, a year old! And such a handsome little man! Happy first year Jack!

Post a Comment

Tell me what you thought!!!

 
Content © Lacy Richmeier. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Laura Jane Designs
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited.